Social Media Editor job at Accra
About the job
Can you find the best and most creative ways to share content and build an audience across all the major social media platforms? Do you speak the language of television, design, and DIY? Are you a home improvement fan? If this is you, come work with us on HTX Construction social media team. We’re looking for an experienced social media editor to assist with social content creation, publishing, and strategy.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Delight and engage new audiences and fans while building the HTX Construction brand.
- Foster an environment of excellent communication, support, and goodwill with both your own team and our many internal and external partners.
- Assist in the management of HTX's day-to-day social media content for the promotion of our TV show, projects, and other brand content.
- Work to create engaging content. Organizing, planning, and creating data-driven content by managing and producing content for use on all branded social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok.
- Oversee production and delivery of social media content from external and internal sources.
- Write eye-catching social media copy.
- Schedule posts through social media platforms and track performance.
- Collaborate with HTX Construction Team to develop and grow fan engagement strategies.
- Support and build overall social media engagement by actively contributing demonstrative, innovative, and disruptive ideas in team brainstorms.
- Work with Social Media Team and Research to evaluate and revise strategies as needed to reach views and engagement goals.
- Monitor pop culture and trending topics and share ideas to connect the brand creatively.
- Be able to recreate top trending ideas and contextualize them for a home improvement type of audience.
- Work with the Production team to create social media graphics that maintain a clear and consistent visual style.
- Work with the Production Manager to maintain promotional calendars and report weekly milestones and updates to senior management.
- Provide real-time platform coverage during live or TV events as needed. Anticipate and produce LIVE moments that drive traffic, interaction, and interest.
- Educate on-air talent on best social media practices and how to utilize their platforms to promote tune-in in creative ways.
- Work with the Marketing team on content and promotion to support priority shows and events.
- Work with the PR team to support press releases and any other related brand news on social media.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communications, media, journalism, or a related field.
- Stay up to date with current and NEXT UP technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
- Excellent Communication & Project Management Skills. Positive and professional attitude.
- 3 years of hands-on experience managing a large-scale social media account. Proven passion for social engagement and experimentation in the rapidly changing digital world. Ability to deliver polished creative content (text, image, and video).
- Excellent copywriting and copy-editing skills and a sharp wit.
- Strong editorial judgment and ability to turn content around quickly
- Basic knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with social media publishing and creation tools, such as Khoros, Later, and Canva.
- A passion for design, DIY, and TV with a knowledge of industry trends.
- An appreciation for and knowledge of viral content. You’re a pop culture aficionado who always has today’s memes at your fingertips.
- A passion for home improvement, pop culture content, extreme attention to detail, and ability to balance multiple projects, channels, and platforms.
- Video production and experienced editing and light graphic design are a plus.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their CVs and Portfolio to [email protected]. The deadline for applications is March, 03,2023.