Communications Specialist at Creative Associates International
About the job
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub (Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140.2 million trade and investment facilitation activity. The Trade Hub seeks to improve private sector productivity, profitability, and competitiveness in West Africa through market-based approaches that will generate new private sector investment in key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the United States and West Africa. The Trade Hub is playing a role in transforming the business landscape in many communities, with the purpose of increasing sustainable employment and strengthening value chains in the region.
Creative seeks a Communications Specialist (CS) to support the West Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Trade Hub). The CS works under the regular supervision of the project’s Communications Manager will provide writing and editorial services for all Trade Hub communication materials (i.e., USAID Update, bi-weekly newsletter, press releases, fact sheets, Quarterly and Annual reports, etc.), as well as other communication activities.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Communications Specialist will report to the project’s Communications manager based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Produce communication materials of high quality and timely reports in line with the contract’s deliverable schedule
- Be the primary point of contact for collating, editing, and proofreading project deliverables including Quarterly reports, Annual reports, and Annual Work Plans to ensure writings are high-quality, informative, and reader-friendly;
- Draft and edit project material- i.e., Bi-weekly newsletter, fact sheets, success stories, blogs, social media posts, and other communication materials;
- Provide copy editing support for other written work; blogs, stories, and newsletter articles;
- Draft, review, and polish talking points and other communication materials for project leadership as necessary;
- Collaborate closely with the Trade Hub communication staff to manage file organization and internal processes & procedures;
- Collaborate with the Trade Hub communication team to format and design materials in formats including PowerPoint and infographics ;
- Support activities in all Trade Hub-covered countries, including Francophone and Portuguese-speaking countries, for partners’ communication needs, event planning, and branding and marketing;
- Provide technical support for project-led webinars;
- Work closely with the Trade Hub across the region, specifically Ghana to conduct interviews and gather information for the assigned stories; and
- Open to traveling domestically and internationally to support project activities.
- A university degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or other relevant areas of study
- At least five (5) years of communication experience for international donor projects, and experience with USAID-funded projects are strongly preferred;
- Proven track record of managing external and/or internal communications, including the production of communication materials with minimal supervision;
- Experience in organizing and managing social networks for projects and/or business;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Fully authorized to work in Ghana, this position does not sponsor work visas.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.