iDE is an international not-for-profit NGO with a unique business approach to poverty eradication.
For 36 years around the world and 10 years in Ghana. iDE has pioneered innovative market-based approaches to improve access to safe water and sanitation and increase agricultural incomes.
Our unique and collective passion to create new market opportunities is unlocking the potential of local entrepreneurs all over the country.
Through innovating affordable products and services for our customers we are making a profound social impact in the communities that we live, love and serve. We currently employ or contract more than 200 people across 41 districts in Ghana.
Under the direct supervision of the Sama Sama Managing Director, the Marketing Manager (MM) is part of the Sama Sama Senior Management Team and plays a key role in managing the marketing activities for various products within Sama Sama.
Major responsibilities include identifying potential customers, developing marketing plans that align with business strategy and developing and testing marketing campaigns.
The innovative Marketing Manager (MM) will promote marketing activities for various products and services within Sama Sama.
In this role, the MM will develop new marketing strategy, review and optimize existing strategy to current demand or trend, manage the marketing department’s budget and staff, as well as preparing forecasts.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating and optimizing marketing and pricing strategies.
- Analyzing market trends and preparing forecasts.
- Generating new business leads.
- Develop extensive strategy to promote brand through e-commerce
- Increasing brand visibility and market share across all business operational areas.
- Coordinating marketing strategies with the sales, credit, customer service and service delivery teams.
- Develop an internal adoption mechanism that promotes intrinsic brand adoption by all staff and thereby becoming brand ambassadors.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget and track the achievements against the budget.
- Overseeing branding, advertising, and promotional campaigns.
- Preparing and presenting quarterly and annual reports to Sama Sama MD.
- Identify appropriate forum for promoting our brand e.g. at trade/sector events and major industry-related events.
- Keeping informed of marketing strategies and trends.
- Conduct gender-sensitive market research to understand market trends, requirements and gather feedback.
- Contribute to develop, evaluate, and implement gender-sensitive marketing plans and strategies.
- Conduct gender-sensitive marketing events and promotions (for e.g. community road shows etc.) and implement systems to ensure effectiveness of campaigns.
- Collaborate with external and internal partners in executing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Advise, document and provide marketing information to the sales team and senior management.
Required Skills and Qualification
- A degree in Marketing and Sales from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years work experience in Marketing and Sales in a similar role.
- A master’s degree in a relevant field will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in electronic marketing automation software such as HubSpot Marketing and Bitrix24.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing strategies, channels, and branding.
- Superb leadership skills, presentation/facilitation skills, communication (both oral and written), and collaboration abilities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Self-driven, goal-getter and proactive.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good planning skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to analyze data and analytics skills will be an advantage.
- Ability to Speak any of these languages is an added advantage: Twi, Hausa, Dagbane, Daagare, or any other Northern languages.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Previous experience in Market Research is a plus.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, CVs with 2 current referees, relevant educational and NSS certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 20th September 2021.