Under the technical supervision of the People & Culture (P&C) Director based in Ghana, to provide strategic technical support in Human Resources functions of World Vision Ghana through recruitment and selection, compensation, benefits, policy formulation,
Job Location: Accra, Ghana
Compensation Package: Attractive
Reports To: People & Culture Director
- Recruitment & Staff Selection
- Coordinate recruitment and selection process according to WV policies and procedures for national positions.
- To facilitate and coordinate effective orientation and induction to newly recruited and old recruited staff (Police checks, Medical examination, organization culture etc)
- Monitor staff contract status and report (contract length, end of contract, retirement, termination, resignation, death of staff).
- Staff Administration
- Coordinate and facilitate Human Resource Information System and ensure availability of data for decision making
- Ensure that all staff information are properly kept, updated and confidentiality is maintained.
- Check regularly staff files to ensure that the following are well recorded: leave records, personnel record cards, personal files, monthly statistical reports, staff complement, staff turnover, absenteeism, sick leave etc…
- Coordinate the notification of decisions in case of change such as: transfer, appointment, promotion, salary increase etc…
- Provide guidance to management on labour issues and changes in statutory requirements.
- Arrange Exit Interviews for staff that resign and advise line management on the exit interview the outcome.
- Benefit & Compensation
- To provide leadership to payroll and benefits administration, review of staff salaries and job grade, periodic staff salary surveys to ensure competitive compensation and benefit plans
- Ensure follow up of staff salary benefits and benefits payment within the country.
- Ensure follow up of tax payment in due time and in compliance with law.Performance Management & Staff Development
- Support Managers on performance management orientation
- Monitors goals set by different sectors
- Assists supervisors in measuring performance improvement.
- Ensure staff appraisal are carried out in a timely manner
- To assist management in developing training programs and packages to meet the needs, career development plans and succession plans for staff.
- Ensure each staff has an approved job description in his file.Staff Wellbeing
- Provide technical support on staff welfare
- Recommend to P&C Director and any need on staff movement in term of staff well-being.
- To support the Senior Management in any change initiative and to create and maintain a good working environment
- Human Resource Systems
- To ensure that accurate and up-to-date records are kept of all HR related information and design systems which support this.Education / Work Experience / SkillsBachelor Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, law or related field. A Master Degree in Human Resources is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in Human Resources
- Computer skills
- Demonstrated ability in supervision
- Experience in People management
- Knowledge of Labour laws
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
- Good communication skills in EnglishWorking Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.